A Great Place to Live And Work
Located in the western part of Maryland, Frederick County, MD borders Pennsylvania to the south, Virginia to the northeast. It is considered part of the Washington-Baltimore Metropolitan Area, and is often recognized as part of Western Maryland.
In 2000, the following information was collected in the census:
- The county has a total area of 667.34 square miles.
- It is the largest county in Maryland in terms of area.
- There were 84,800 households out of which 37.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them.
- The average household size was 2.70 and the average family size was 3.17.
- The median age was 38.6 years.
- The median income for a household in Frederick county is $60,276, and the median income for a family was $67,879.
A Great Place to Work
Frederick County, MD offers a lot of great job opportunities in various industries. Whether you are a business owner looking for office space in Frederick County, MD or to purchase commercial land, an individual looking for a job or perhaps a company looking to build office, retail or industrial space, Frederick County, MD is a great place to own a business or to work. From public schools to jobs within the agriculture, bioscience, manufacturing and green/sustainable energy Frederick County, MD has something for everyone!
Bring the Family
Fredrick County, MD is rich in history and has plenty of things to do for residents and visitors alike. There are great consumer stores such as antique stores, restaurants and fashion boutiques. There are even wineries, orchards and historic Civil War sites to visit. Located just an hour from Washington D.C. and Baltimore, it is an ideal place to visit.
For those looking to call Frederick County, MD their home, there are many residential real estate properties available for lease and for sale. The school systems are some of the best in Maryland and Frederick County prides itself on being a sustainable community.
The county seat is Frederick, MD with another major city being Brunswick, MD. Other towns include:
- Mount Airy
- New Market
- The Village of Rosemont
- Washington County, MD borders Frederick County to the west.