A Great Place to Live And Work
Are you thinking about moving to the northwestern Maryland area? If you are, you should seriously consider moving to Hagerstown, MD. Located in Washington County, Maryland, Hagerstown is a wonderful area and is in fact, the largest city in Western Maryland. So if you like larger cities, Hagerstown would definitely be right for you! Here are some of the top reasons why you should consider making Hagerstown, MD your home:
- Ranked among the United States’ “Best Green Cities”
- Ranked among the United States’ “Best Places to Live” (2005)
- Hagerstown schools spend, on average, $111 more on each individual student than the average in the United States.
- Rural setting while being a center of transit and business.
- Nicknamed “Hub City” after its command of the commercial and industrial hubs of the Tri-State area.
- Home of the large Hagerstown Premium Outlets — a mall with over 100 popular stores.
- A great selection of art museums, such as the Western Maryland 202 Locomotive Display and Museum, the Hager House and Museum (original home of the founder of Hagerstown,Jonathan Hagar), and the Hagerstown Aviation Museum.
The downtown area of Hagerstown hosts many events throughout the year including:
- Music festivals for rock, reggae, and blues music
- Augustoberfest to celebrate German culture
- The annual Alsatia Mummers’ Halloween Parade, which also happens to be the largest nighttime parade on all of the east coast!
The Arts in Hagerstown, Maryland
- Home of the Washington County Arts Council. The WCAC works to enrich culture in the area through the arts by way of galleries, education of the arts, and art related grants.
Music in Hagerstown, Maryland
- Hosts the annual Blues Fest the weekend after Memorial Day. The festival is a celebration of one of America’s longest musical traditions — the blues.
- The Maryland Symphony Orchestra is a professional orchestra in western Maryland with first class musical talent. Located at the gorgeous, historic, Maryland Theatre in downtown Hagerstown, the MSO brings beauty and life to classical pieces that can be enjoyed by all ages.
Entertainment in Hagerstown, Maryland
- Hagerstown also hosts the Hagerstown Suns, the Minor League baseball team of the Washington Nationals.
If you are ready to make the move, contact Ghattas Enterprises Inc. Whether you are relocating your business to your family to Hagerstown, MD we have commercial and residential property waiting for you!